Volunteer for Pets Together
because who doesn’t want to bring some joy to someone’s day?
Animal Farm Foundation launched Pets Together just a few short weeks ago. The response from long term care communities has been so positive that we need to add more appointments to accommodate all of the requests. And that means we need some more pets (and people) to join us in chatting with the wide variety of folks who live in residential communities or other facilities.
We’re looking for:
- pets, pets, pets! Dogs, cats, goats, chickens, donkeys, reptiles, birds – you got it, we want it!
- volunteers who are comfortable and confident making conversation
- good listeners, patient, and kind people
- someone with a good sense of humor
- someone ready to adapt to the communication needs of the people we are visiting
What to expect:
- We’ll email you a link to sign up to the calls of your choosing. Do as many or as few as you like.
- Calls tend to last about 30 minutes, but might run long
- Time slots are between 10am to 5pm EST
- All calls use Zoom video chat service
- Yes, you have to wear pants. You and your pets are both required to be on the video.
**Someone from Animal Farm Foundation will contact you within 1-3 business days once you submit your application. If you don’t hear from us, please check your spam folder!
We’re virtually bringing people and pets together to reduce social isolation and loneliness.
Help us bring people and pets together to reduce social isolation and loneliness